Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gymboree, engagement parties and surprise 30th!

Whew, what a weekend, I feel like I need another weekend to recover!  Han and I usually try not to schedule too much on weekends, we both need a break and it is good to have family time together as well as some time to ourselves.  This weekend however was jam packed.  Han Otto and I headed to Gymboree on Saturday morning, Otto and I have just started to go during the week and I wanted Han to see what we get up to.  The class was small so it was great to watch Otto have much more free reign of all the equipment.

And as usual Han came up with such different games to play with all the equipment than I do.

Why is it, that with all the equipment Otto loves to play with the rails on the windows?
Otto in baby boy heaven.
Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose..........

From Gymboree we headed home for a quick nap before an engagement party in the city.  We had a great time, but taking a nine month old who is only interested in crawling into an engagement party in a beer garden was pretty interesting.  The couple provided a photo booth to take photos of ourselves, and hopefully I will get Han to scan them tomorrow, it was such a great idea.

A new idea for a playpen maybe?

Han and I at the party.

We headed to an early dinner in the city with Otto which was good fun, we haven't actually been out for an evening meal as a family since Otto started solids so it was definitely a learning experience and we ate pretty quickly as he was starting to get a bit grumpy.

Today we headed to a surprise 30th for our good friends, I didn't get to take any photos because I was running around after Otto the whole time.  One crawling baby and a heap of people meant I was forever getting people not to stand on him!

I also introduced Otto to the best way to eat croissants, with Vegemite, it was a great success. 


Hope you all had a great weekend, I can see Otto's second tooth coming through so who knows what kind of week we are in for.

No comments:

Post a Comment