Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday inspiration.

This week is NAIDOC week in Australia, a celebration of our Indigenous people, their culture, and heritage.  I have had the distinct privilege to work among our Indigenous people providing health care a few years ago, my experience taught me so much about their culture and I have so much respect for those among them working hard to improve the quality of life.  The memories that were created during that time are very dear to me and I often think back on the little medical clinic I helped to start which is still going strong and providing a wonderful service for the Central Queensland Aboriginal community.

So in honour of this week, a wonderful song by a great artist.  This song showcases a wonderful part of the Aboriginal culture, teaching the youth and storytelling.


No comments:

Post a Comment