Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Where have I been?

Sorry for the very very long absence, I was almost convinced not to come back here, but I need to be able to write down my thoughts somewhere!

My last post mentioned that we had big news, well we do, we have moved to Jakarta, Indonesia for 1-2 years, I am currently sitting in a hotel room that we have been living in for the last 3 weeks while trying to find a house.  It has been a crazy few months, Han left ahead of me in Australia so I had to pack up the house and organise what was to be shipped here and what went into storage, and then I haven't stopped since we arrived!

It has been great though, I am really glad that we have taken the plunge and moved overseas again, it hasn't been easy so far but I know that over time things will become more normal.  Otto has taken it in his stride, we had a few teething moments for the first 2 weeks but that all seems to be much better now, it is amazing how resilient little people are.


Sadly we haven't had much time to do any sight seeing but hopefully over the next few weeks we will get out there a bit more.

That is it really!  Hi, hopefully we will be around a bit more and share this journey.

3 comments:

  1. What a great adventure, can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father-in-law lived in Jakarta for several years and absolutely loved it there!

    Also one of my sorority sisters from college is native/lives in Jakarta so let me know and I will introduce you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Once we get settled I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete