Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The jungle day 7.

Our final full day in the jungle, also happened to be market day, so Otto and I headed off, leaving Min and Henry behind.


The green little boat in the picture is the one that we used to get from one side of the river to the other.  I didn't realise I was standing on it until until it started moving, it didn't really look like much of a boat.

The market is about the same size as many in Jakarta, but the biggest difference is that they don't see many white people, Otto and I became a huge attraction, and at one point I felt like a pied piper with all these children giggling after us.  There is a big wet market attached which is mainly for fish and chicken.





Indonesia is never complete without chili, this country uses it much more than my Australian palate can handle, but I am slowly getting used to it.


The experience is only made that much better by the locals, even though we have a language barrier, we can still have a laugh at our inability to understand, and pantomime is becoming a fairly effective tool.



We returned home exhausted, thirsty and hot, but happy, and ready for a nap!







No comments:

Post a Comment