Monday, July 26, 2010

Bunnings.

So after a crazy day where I swear Roxy (our dog) and Otto were taking bets to see who could make me loose my mind first, my mother-in-law came over to watch Otto while Han and I headed to Bunnings to choose a new front door and hardware.

I am so excited for this next stage of renovating, things will really start to improve here and some of my dreams since we bought this house are finally happening, starting with painting our front door black!  Han and I aren't great DIY people, so anything like this we seem to muddle our way through, it does appear that not only do we not always pick out the best hardware (thankfully we did well this time), but we don't always get the best trolley.  Case in point.

It seemed fine at the time, although it was a bit hard to see around, and the idea at fitting another door on it had us a bit concerned, but then the lovely bunnings man sorted us out.  I am sure there was a bit of eye rolling and laughter at our expense as we walked away, but alls well that ends well.

Fingers crossed the rain stays away and our new patio and carport commence work later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh good luck! Our house is a renovators delight and to this point we've done ... well ... very little. Heh. We need a new front door too, only our door is an odd size and we've not been able to find one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have lived in this house for ages before doing anything to it! For some reason it always feels like such a big deal to take that step forward. The doors at Bunnings are able to be cut to size which is handy, but picking one took forever, there are so many choices! Good luck with the renovating.

    ReplyDelete