Sunday, September 26, 2010

Next phase of the renovations.

Ok, so we had finished the back yard, saved up a bit of money again and decided to get going on the front of the house.  We started with taking down all the crappy old wood, which ended up being a great quality cedar but unfortunately a lot of it was rotting, and put up some colourbond cladding.  You can see the result of that in this post.

Once that was completed and Otto and I regained our sanity a little bit we started work on the new patio, carport and painting.

The new patio being built.


Otto checking out what they are up to.

The house before the painting started, I can't tell you how pleased I was to be getting rid of the peeling white paint.




The same area with the new colour!  I was really nervous when I first saw the colour go on the walls, it was such a drastic change, however I love it now.



The back yard, the back door has since been painted black to match the front.



Our new front door, since the photo the trim has been painted to match the colourbond.  I love our new door, the last one was rotting at the bottom and probably wasn't really that secure.

Looking from our driveway, since this photo, I have done a bit of planting around the pavers and the patio.






The boring, but functional carport.


Oh, and the nice bottle of champagne that we enjoyed when it was all over!

There you have it, that is pretty much where we are up to at the moment.  Of course we are nowhere near done yet, but the difference is just so amazing!



4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks great! I love the colour and your new door. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abby! It is absolutely so much better than before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing transformation Alanah!! I love the colours too :)

    ReplyDelete